All at PCML are fully aware of our environmental obligations and the general concerns that everyone has with the Environment and our collective effect on it.
We have developed our Environmental Policy to actively alter our working practices where required, in an effort to help preserve and lessen if possible, the effects of our work on the environment.
Many of the considerations in the Policy are improved practice, ie reducing the affect of our works on the Environment with particular attention to Air Pollution / Water Pollution / Waste Disposal.
Our efforts in achieving our commitment to and, reducing our affect on the general and local Environment are dictated by:-
- Utilising local suppliers etc to minimise long distance deliveries, therefore reducing carbon emissions.
- Ensure supplies resource materials from sustainable and Eco friendly sources.
- Encourage our Sub Contractors and Suppliers to promote best practice in the operation of their duties
- Improve the efficiency of our materials and processes.
- Re-use / recycle materials whenever appropriate or possible.
- To only utilise waste disposal companies that operate under the Environmental Protection (Duty of Care) regulations 1991 act.
- Continually keeping abreast of innovations and improvements to legislation and working practices and employing same where appropriate.
- Strive to do our part in improving the image of the Construction industry